Saturday, February 14, 2009

From your daughter with love


As your baby girl,

I loved you with no questions,

no explaining,

I just knew you made me giggle

you were super entertaining!


I just knew you brought me comfort

and you made me feel secure

and that all my little "tantrums"

you so patiently endured.


As I grew a little older,

I discovered just how caring,

just how giving you had always been,

you knew the art of sharing...

and you gracefully accepted all the ups and downs

that came with raising someone just like me--

(I wasn't always tame!)


Then I grew into adulthood,

and I found out something new--

you weren't just my "perfect" mother,

but a friend forever, too...

and I'm lucky that I have you--

since I know I'd never find another mother

who is better than the mother

who is mine!

No comments: